Reg. 4.4 TIE BREAKING RULES
Reg. 4.4.1 Qualification
Qualification to competitions II, III and IV: in the case of a tie at any place the tie breaking rules set out in Reg. 5.1.5 to 5.1.7 will apply.
Reg. 4.4.2 Finals
Competition II,III, IV : In the case of a tie at any place the final ranking will be
determined in accordance with the same tie-breaking criteria as are referred to in 4.4.1.
Reg. 5.1.5 Apparatus Finals (Competition III)
These comprise finals on each piece of apparatus to determine the winner. On each apparatus, the eight gymnasts (with a maximum of two per federation) who have obtained the highest total scores on such apparatus, in the course of Competition I, perform an exercise (which on vault means two vaults) on the apparatus in question.
In case of a tie at any place on any apparatus except vault in Competition I for the qualification to Competition III, the tie will be broken as follows:
- Average of the 4 counting B-jury deductions
- Average of the three lowest of the 4 counting B-jury deductions
- Average of the two lowest of the 4 counting B-jury deductions
- The lowest of the 4 counting B-jury deductions
- Average of the 5 lowest B-jury deductions
- Average of all 6 B-jury deductions
In case of a tie at any place on vault in Competition I for qualification to Competition III, the tie will be broken as follows:
- The highest score out of the two vaults
- Average of the counting (Mid. 8) B-Jury deductions
- Average of the 6 lowest B-Jury deductions (3 from 1st vault and 3 from 2nd
- Average of the 4 lowest B-Jury deductions (2 from 1st vault and 2 from 2nd
- Average of the 2 lowest B-Jury deductions (1 from 1st vault and 1 from 2nd
- Average of the 10 lowest B-Jury deductions (5 from 1st vault and 5 from 2nd
- Average of the 12 B-Jury deductions
If more that 8 qualify for the finals, a new draw will be conducted. The results of competition I are not carried forward to the finals (start from zero). 3 reserve gymnasts are designated taking into account the list of results of the qualification. If called upon, a reserve gymnast works in accordance with the order of the gymnast replaced. The results of the finals determine the champion on each apparatus. In case of a tie at any place, the tie will not be broken.
Reg. 5.1.6 Team Finals (Competition IV)
This competition determines the Team Champions. The 8 teams having obtained the highest total scores in Competition I take part in this competition which consists of six exercises for men and four exercises for women. In case of a tie at any place in Competition I, the qualification for Competition IV will be based on
- The greater number of highest team apparatus scores obtained in Competition I (the total of 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 highest apparatus team scores for men and the total of 3, 2, 1 highest apparatus team scores for women).
- Consider the sum of the highest individual B scores (for each team add the B scores of all counting gymnasts on 6 apparatus, then 5 etc.)
- Consider the sum of the highest individual A scores for each team add the A scores of all counting gymnasts on 6 apparatus, then 5 etc.)
- Consider the highest individual total score
A team consist of 3 to 6 gymnasts. 3 gymnasts compete on each apparatus. All scores will be taken into account for the total. If a gymnasts is injured during the qualifying competition I, he/she can be replaced by the 7th (reserve) gymnast for Competition IV, with the approval of the concerned Technical President, and if the injury is certified by the official competition medical authority. The results of competition I are not carried forward to competition IV (start from zero). The results of Competition IV determine the winner of the Team Championships.
In case of a tie at any place, the tie will not be broken.
Reg. 5.1.7 Participation in Competitions II and III
Gymnasts who qualify both for Competitions II and III are not obliged to participate in Competition II in order to participate in Competition III. They must inform the directors of the competitions of their decisions immediately so that the next gymnast in turn (reserve) may be qualified. Qualified gymnasts for Competition II and III may be replaced by their federation with one of its other gymnasts at their discretion provided that the said replacement has obtained a superior result to that of the first gymnast of reserve. Federations are required to supply the Organiser with the names of finalists within the prescribed time.